Women Empowerment Cell
The formation of a college level Women Empowerment Cell is made to empower girl students to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for female students and faculty. The cell has been organizing varied academic, technical, medical, cultural and social events for the upliftment of women and spread the real importance of gender equality in the society through college students. Thus WEC empowers the students with entrepreneurial skills. This Cell serves as a place of rest and shelter for the women staff and students of KRP College when they are feeling in discomposed. One separate room is kept reserved for counseling of girl students and the college is equipped with the necessary infrastructure like first aid box, books and CDs, related to issues of women, separate suggestion box and notice board for Women Empowerment Cell. Any employees including teaching, non teaching and students of KRP College can approach Women Empowerment Cell.
“There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish” - Michelle Obama
The Motto of the Women Empowerment Cell is Kindle, Resourceful, Persistent (KRP)
Women Empowerment Cell aims at empowering and orienting women to realize their literal potential and to assist them attain their own stand in a competing world.
To generate a platform where all women including girl students, teaching and non teaching staff members can express their needs, issues and priorities where every women is esteemed and is skilled to achieve their potential , living free from trauma, stress, harm and discrimination.
1. To nurture human values through value based education.
2. To enlighten their minds and pave their way to grow into balanced and better human beings.
3. To empower women and to make them self-reliant.
1. To create awareness about health and hygiene among girl students.
2. To transform the youth into excellent performers for national development.
3. To provide a platform for realizing inherent talents.
4. To create awareness of the Women’s Rights and to empower women.
5. To conduct seminars and workshops to spread information on the numerous opportunities and tools available and to train women accordingly.
6. To eliminate deep rooted beliefs of gender bias and discrimination.